Saturday, March 10, 2012

Is the University of Victoria in BC, Canada open during Remembrance Day?

Im a new student at UVic and I am not sure whether to go to school tommorow or notIs the University of Victoria in BC, Canada open during Remembrance Day?
Well, I am not sure where adamr81 and old lady are from but I hope that you did not try and attend classes at UVIC on the 11th. Remembrance Day is a statutory holiday and, as such, all classes at UVIC were cancelled for the day as stated in the UVIC calendar:



"Classes are cancelled on all statutory holidays and during reading breaks. Administrative offices and academic departments are closed on all statutory holidays and during winter break. Holidays that fall on a weekend are observed on the following Monday."
I hope you went to school today, because today is Remembrance Day, not tomorrow. You will probably have noticed that there was a remembrance day service on campus, but that school carried on as usual, except for the two-minute silence.Is the University of Victoria in BC, Canada open during Remembrance Day?
Well first of all Remembrance Day is today not tomorrow. And unfortunately Remembrance Day is not yet a holiday so yes everything is open.
I'm not sure about UVic, but Jeff's answer is reasonable.



In Ontario, it is not a statutory holiday. So we still have school on Remembrance Day.'



Happy Remembrance Day =)Is the University of Victoria in BC, Canada open during Remembrance Day?
I didn't have school.... or at least I hope I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment